If you’re looking for a solicitor, for whatever reason, then you’ll want to make sure that you get the right one for your needs. You don’t want to spend a lot of money on a service that isn’t what you want or need, and you also won’t want to feel that it was obvious why the solicitor you chose was much cheaper than the others.
Here’s what you need to know
1. You’ll already know what area of law you need. Perhaps you’re getting divorced, or buying a house, or want to see if you can claim compensation after an accident. You’ll also need to have some ideas to the outcome you’re hoping for, or what you’ll settle for if appropriate.
2. The solicitor you choose will ideally be a specialist in the area of law that you need. You wouldn’t see an optician if you had toothache, so why would you expect a specialist firm of family law solicitors to be able to help you buy a house, or get compensation on your behalf?
3. You’ll want to make sure recommendation and reputation
4. The solicitor that you choose should have experience with cases similar to yours, and be able to put you at ease. Depending on your case, it could be a particularly distressing or delicate time, especially if you need advice on getting divorced, or dealing with a will, or are experiencing domestic abuse.
5. You might want to choose a local solicitor, or want to choose one with the most experience with cases similar to yours.
6. Although it might be tempting to choose a firm of solicitors based on cost, you’ll need to make sure that you’ll be getting the same sort of service and will be treated the same as the more expensive solicitors. You’ll also want to make sure that you are getting value for money.
7. The solicitor you choose needs to be genuinely interested in your case, and be sympathetic and empathetic. If you’re having family problems, or want to move house, then you won’t want to be put to the bottom of the list, or forgotten about.
8. if the firm of solicitors your choose is very busy, then this could indicate that the firm is very good at what they do. You’ll also need to make though, that they are not too busy to help you. Alternatively, if the firm isn’t very busy, it could be that they don’t get a lot of work.
9. You’ll want to make sure that you can easily contact your solicitor when you need to. You don’t want to spend your days waiting for them to call you, playing telephone tennis, or hoping for a response to your emails.
10. Your solicitor will probably need to keep you informed of the progress, and what will happen next. You might need to fill in additional paperwork or arrange meetings, or take time off work. If your solicitor isn’t in regular contact with you, then you might be wasting a lot of time and money. Now you know more about how to choose one, if you need a solicitor, you’re sure to get the right one for you.
If you need the services of a solicitor, whether you want a Personal Injury Specialist or help with Residential Conveyancing, family law, or employment law, then why not see how Legaload in Surrey can help you? Find out more at LegalRoad Weybridge today.